What was your first experience with Sam & Max?

The Poker Night games! I fell in love with the humor in their dialogue instantly, so I started looking more into them and played all of the games by Telltale right afterwards.

I bought Poker Night 2 to teach myself how to play poker (like a loser), and because Glados, Ash, and Winslow were all in it. I ended up falling completely in love with Sam (Max didn’t have an impact on me yet, you don’t interact with him as much), and eventually went seeking out what he was from because I wanted to spend more time with the dog in the suit.

I dragged my boyfriend along for the ride (who also hadn’t played the games), and we agreed to play Hit the Road first, as it was the first game. By the end of the pleasantly understated title sequence I knew I had a new favorite game, and when we were shoving Max’s face into the circuit breaker to stop the ride I knew my heart had been stolen by a dog and a rabbity thing. (And they were probably playing ham bone with it. Get it? …No? Okay…)

2 Likes

ik this is old but idc. My first experience with Sam & Max was back in '97 with the cartoon that used to be on Fox Kids.

1 Like

I really dont remember the year but one day my dads girlfriends kid handed me sam and max and said hey, beat this game for me please and so i sat down and played it on the wii not understanding what to do at all i decided to look up a tutorial and found some funny youtubers playing it and then the kid took the game away from me without telling me and i forgot all about sam and max till 2017 and it became my obsession since but i was so late on the merch bandwagon but lucky enough to grab some before the recent news now

Sorry if it’s too late for me to be replying, but I wanted to share as well! ^^
My first expirience with Sam and Max was Poker Night at the Inventory when I was 11 or 12, both the first and second games! I was really only playing to hear GLaDOS’ and Heavy’s dialogue, LOL. I thought Sam and Max were funny so I decided to check out the Telltale games and the rest is history!
loving all the other poker night fans in this thread as well hehe

If I remember correctly, I think I saw these once on iOS but didn’t get them due to being too young. Then I saw on YouTube that they remastered Save The World and I thought it looked familiar. So I tried out Hit the road. Hit the road wasn’t my type (Sorry guys). I tried out season 2 (OG not Remaster) and I loved it!

I originally found out about the Freelance Police from a clip in the cartoon where Sam slaps Max, and Max says “hit me again, I like it.” I decided to watch the cartoon, and it was love at first sight.