What's your favourite adventure game?

A lot of us probably know Sam & Max from their Lucas or Telltale games, but I thought it’d be interesting to hear what other adventure games are your favourites.

For me it’s Monkey Island, Simon the Sorcerer, and Broken Sword.

Monkey Island is what introduced me to the genre and it will always have a special place in my heart. I think a friend showed me the first game and I instantly loved it. I remember another friend had a demo for Curse of Monkey Island (the third game) and I would always play it without totally appreciating it was a demo. It would end when Guybrush blows up the door at the beginning and I thought I’d done something wrong, so I kept replaying it trying to keep Guybrush ‘alive’! Of course, I eventually got the full game and it became my favourite of the series. Anyway, I was overjoyed when Telltale resurrected the series.

My love for Simon the Sorcerer is really only the first two games. They capture that sarcastic British humour so well and it’s such a hilarious parody of everything in the fantasy genre. I always had to use a walkthrough for these, since some of the puzzles are a bit esoteric, but I was gripped by the amazing pixel visuals and voice acting.

Broken Sword I came to late, but they stand the test of time. It’s at times serious, others humorous, but always engaging. There’s just something wonderfully charming about the whole experience – the art, the music, the voice acting, it all blends together to create something unforgettable.

How about you?

2 Likes

Fable 3 and Red dead Redemption 2!!! I ADORE the story for both of these and the graphics are super charming. Fable 3 has some fun fighting scenes and RDR 2 has some amazing characters :]

1 Like

Aside from our Freelance Boys, my favorite Adventure Games would have to be…

1. SpongeBob SquarePants Employee of the Month
  2. Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People
  3. Day of the Tentacle
  4. Grim Fandango
  5. Full Throttle
  6. The Monkey Island series
  7. Mike’s Monstrous Adventure
2 Likes

For me it has to be Microïds’s Syberia. The world building of the game was always amazing for me

1 Like

Breath of the Wild is such a tense and relaxing game for me, I need to play it more to get stress off my back. Rayman 2 is up there as well, it really felt like one of the most compelling experiences a game has given me ever. Super invested in both games.